- Pizza boxes. The oil from pizza contaminates the cardboard and it is impossible to process these boxes into clean paper.
- Napkin and paper towels. Most of the time they are used to wipe up food, cleaning products, and other hazardous waste.
- Sticky notes. The size, color, and especially the adhesive strip make them more suitable for trash bin.
- Plastic caps. Some recycle programs do not accept them.
- Wet paper. Paper fibers that have been exposed to water are shorter, which make them less valuable to paper mills.
You may want to check with your local waste or sanitation department to find out more information about their recycling program. You also can http://www.earth911.org/ to find useful information on recycling.This article was taken from Surprise! Five things you can’t recycle.